You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

brochild

Wednesday, September 21st 2005, 4:43pm

Hunter nozzle for Hunter I-20

I am new to sprinkler design and would appreciate any help that I can get selecting the proper nozzle for the Hunter I-20 rotor.

I have a design that requires 6 rotors. Originally I wanted to use Orbit Voyager II, but a local dealer talked me into Hunter, because of its superior quality. I have 1 full circle, 2 1/4 circles and 3 1/2 circles.
For the Orbit rotor, I was told to use nozzle #2 for the 1/4 circle, #4 for the 1/2 and #6 for the full circle to keep my precipitaion rate the same.
My main line is 3/4, my meter size is 5/8 and my pressure is 65 PSI. So I believe that gives me about 15 GPM total. For those 6 Hunter I-20 rotors, I need to know waht is the proper nozzle to use on each (full, 1/4 and 1/2) so that I don't exceed 13 GPM

Tom

Supreme Member

Thursday, September 22nd 2005, 12:55pm

15 gpm is pushing a little to much water for your set up. You would be much better designing for 10 gpm.

brochild

Friday, September 23rd 2005, 2:51pm

OK
I will re-think the nozzles aroung 10 GPM
I also wanted to change to the Hunter PGP rotor for economical reaons only.
Am I risking anything?

Rate this thread