You are not logged in.

rdough7917@gmail.com

Unregistered

Monday, January 28th 2019, 8:02am

Backflow Preventer

Hi,
Will it cost twice as much to winterize my irrigation if I have 2 backflow preventers? Currently I have three zones in my backyard that cost me $70.00 to winterize.
The backflow device is in my back yard and I was thinking to tap into the main water after the backflow preventer and run a pvc 1" around to the front of my house which will be alot of extra work. My other option is to put a tee in after the backflow and re-route Copper through the basement to the front basement window where I will be installing 3 new valves for the front lawn.

So in summary if I install a new backflow in the front of house it would be much easier because my POC is in the front of basement.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Rich

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, February 4th 2019, 6:34am

You might pay a surcharge, but you wouldn't be charged double.

In any event, you don't run the plumbing downstream of the backflow preventer back into the house, ever. Dig all around the perimeter of the structure if you must.

rdough7917@gmail.com

Unregistered

Monday, February 4th 2019, 9:52am

Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, February 6th 2019, 6:55am

In terms of being most cautious, it would be preferable to do the extra work and run the supply around the perimeter, because dual supply connections invite the possibility of one of them being overlooked at winterizing.

Rate this thread