You are not logged in.

vitorito

Wednesday, October 24th 2018, 3:51pm

Ways to mitigate overall high system PSI

First post here;

I have a 6 zone system, 51 heads total, controlled by a V2 Rachio. Some of the zones are a mixed bag, and some make sense. I hope to move some around at a later date, but for the time being, high PSI is the issue.

Most of my zones are on 4 in popup heads and they are all fitted with Hunter MP rotators. I've used a few different types to fit the zones, but they are mostly matched precipitation rates.

Because there is high PSI in my system (measured at 81 PSI at the hose spicket) those rotators don't function as planned. For instance, the SideStrip rotators which are supposed to spray in a 5'x30' pattern really spray at 14'x37'. This leads to a fair bit of overspray.

Is there a good way to reduce the over all system pressure?

I am not particularly interested in changing out all the heads to pressure regulating models. It would be expensive with the number of heads that I have, and that still leaves me with more pressure in the system than it is intended to handle anyway.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, October 24th 2018, 6:21pm

Use the flow controls on your zone valves to dial down the pressure.

vitorito

Thursday, October 25th 2018, 11:00am

Use the flow controls on your zone valves to dial down the pressure.
I'm not sure how to do that. Looking at the valves I can only see the one adjustment that is used to bleed the valve. What am I missing here?

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7umt5uszus7jms/IMG_0797.HEIC?dl=0[/img]

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, October 26th 2018, 9:21am

Since you have DV100 valves, you can simply buy DV100F valves and swap the tops. By the way, you need to edit your photos down to a reasonable size and use an image host that allows remote viewing, so that they will show in a forum.

vitorito

Monday, October 29th 2018, 8:55am

Thanks for the help, and the tip. I'll look to imugr moving forward.

Just to make sure that I understand, if I am to buy the DV100F valves and swap the tops out with the existing DV100 valves; will that essentially replace the guts of the valve?

I ask because I assume that most of the working parts are attached to the top then? Are there any other parts like rubber seals, or anything of that nature that I should also pickup?

Do I also need to determine if I have 3/4" or 1" valves ahead of time? or are the parts interchangeable?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "vitorito" (Oct 29th 2018, 9:48am)

vitorito

Monday, October 29th 2018, 3:06pm

I found another thread that answered my questions. Thanks for your help.

For reference Can you convert a Rainbird DV valve to a DVF?

vitorito

Friday, November 2nd 2018, 1:19pm

For the sake of completion I wanted to update.

I upgraded the meat of all the valves to those with flow control, and replaced the diaphragms since I was in there. I was able to use the flow control to tune down those zones that were giving me trouble.

Please don't judge me for the builder's pvc work. From left to right zones are 1,6,5,3,4,2

Thanks for your help @Wet_Boots

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "vitorito" (Nov 2nd 2018, 1:26pm)

Rate this thread