You are not logged in.

BOCswu

Sunday, October 28th 2018, 9:04am

What is wrong with my Hunter Pro-C?

I have a six zone irrigation. Sometimes all my zones work.

This week only the first three zones worked. When I check each zone manually from the control box only zones 1, 2 and 3 will turn on. Zones 4, 5 and 6 do not even show up as an option to manually turn on at all, but when I do an Ohms test all six zones are reading in the mid to high 20s.

I went to the breaker and turned it off and then on again. When I went back to the control box and manually check again, but this time all 6 zones DO show up. I then run a programmed "all zone test" and all zones work properly.

Does anyone know what is causing this problem? This is the second time this has happened.

Is it the control box? Is it a module? or is it something else?

Multimeter knowledge is beginner. Youtube helped figure out the proper Ohms reading at common and zone.
Any other multimeter testing will have to be explained. sorry.
Thank you
Thomas Brown

mrfixit

Sunday, October 28th 2018, 6:25pm

It very well could be the module. I don't know what year Pro-C you have but, take the module out, unplug the controller and take the back up battery out. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Then reinstall the module. The newer Pro-C's have a module lock.

BOCswu

Monday, October 29th 2018, 8:01am

Thanks for the response.

Installed Oct 2004. Model PC-300. It is an outdoor model.
All paperwork shows "seasonal adjust" as an up and down button, but my "seasonal adjustment" is located on the Control Dial.

Just to be clear.
This is what you want me to do.
Power off
unlock module slide
remove module
unplug controller
remove battery
let sit for 5 minutes

reverse process

Is there anyway to test the module?

Thanks

mrfixit

Tuesday, October 30th 2018, 12:59am

I don't know how to test the module other than trial and error.
Replacing it would be an obvious choice. Look on Ebay for the grey colored module.
Check and make sure the ribbon on the back of the faceplate isn't coming loose. It connects at both ends.
I can't say I've ran across a timer that forgets there's a module installed so again I'm leaning towards the module if everything you've done doesn't fix it. That doesn't mean it never happens.
Make sure the back up battery is good.

Rate this thread