You are not logged in.

jeffmair

Unregistered

Sunday, October 28th 2018, 6:00pm

Intermittent Leak near valves??

Hello, I would appreciate any help or advice with my issue. For the past year, the area around my sprinkler valves has remained pretty moist, but no pooling or excessive flooding. I always assumed it was the anti siphon valves dripping after shut off and lack of sunlight to dry to area out. 3 weeks ago, I cut out and installed a new manifold with 4 additional valves for the back yard. Hoping that this may also fix any leaky pipes or valves may have been the issue. The area dried out nicely and valves are working fine. I did not cover up manifold connections back up with dirt so I could keep an eye on everything. 2 weeks ago the hole flooded, an excessive amount of water. I drained the area and turned off the irrigation main supply. Everything dried out again in a few days Then turned the system back on and manually turned on each valve but could not find any leaks. The system was on for a week with no issue, then yesterday flooded again. Any idea why this is happening and why it would intermittently flood if the system remained on? Also, is next course of action to start digging and exposing all the pipe to try to find a leak? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

mrfixit

Sunday, October 28th 2018, 6:23pm

Unscrew the anti-syphon caps and check the floats and the float washers. Also look for debris or bugs inside there.

Rate this thread