You are not logged in.

dlivezey

Starting Member

Saturday, October 27th 2018, 8:36pm

Proper installation of anti-siphon valves

My house is in SoCal, and I am going to be re-building a manifold for my back yard irrigation. Currently have three valves for lawn, and a fourth for some drip/spray heads in a garden area. I understand that the purpose of the anti-siphon valves is to prevent water from the irrigation system from flowing back into the main water supply. I believe that the valve needs to be higher than all of the heads on that line to work properly. Is that correct? My real question is about the line for the drip/spray heads. On that one, I have some 1/4" drip lines going up maybe three feet off the ground for drips on some hanging/raised flower pots. Does that anti-siphon valve need to be raised accordingly? That doesn't seem practical, especially if the pots were higher, like six feet. What's the right thing to do in this situation? I may also need some sort of pressure regulation on that line, as our pressure is pretty good and I don't want to blow out the drip heads. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions. I appreciate you sharing your experience, knowledge, and time!

Rate this thread