You are not logged in.

TheGrassyKnoll

Starting Member

Monday, October 22nd 2018, 5:25pm

Does each zone always have a valve associated with it?

I just bought a new house with a 19 zone Hunter system. I am looking to winterize the system by turning off the main water supply to the irrigation system and opening the valves like I did on my previous 3 zone Hunter system. The only irrigation box I have found outside appears to contain just the main water supply cut off valve to the system. Will there be a separate box with the 19 valves like there is in my previous system; or is it different with a numerous zone system like this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Signed,

Valve confusion

mrfixit

Monday, October 22nd 2018, 10:29pm

I highly recommend you hire a pro the first time around. Watch carefully what they do.
Just opening the valves probably isn't enough to protect your system. What about the water in the lateral lines?
But if you want to know how many valves there are, look at the wiring connected to the controller. Are all 19 slots filled? Is there a master valve or pump?
Call a pro. You'll thank yourself later when you don't have a repair bill next spring.

RichMoney

Tuesday, October 23rd 2018, 2:23pm

Here is a post that I wrote that outlines the basics of winterizing a system that has a backflow device . Steps for well and pump would be very similar.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Rate this thread