You are not logged in.

Monday, August 13th 2018, 5:17pm

last sprinkler head in line will not work

I have a 3 zone system irrigating my lawn. I realized that i had a leak in zone 1 coming from a Blazing Saddle Tee caused by root growth. It was the first head in the line for zone 1. I dug out the area, cut out the bad section, and spliced in a new Tee. When i turned the system on for a test, the head that was part of the replaced tee worked, but the rest of the heads down the line did not. I then went down the line and removed the heads one-by-one and flushed the line out thinking dirt got in the system when replacing the main. This worked well for all the heads except for the last one in the line. No mater what i do, i can not get the last head in the line to work. When i remove the head and keep it as an open port, water shoots out 4 ft high so i have plenty of pressure. I have switched heads, and working heads don't work when they are installed at the end of the line. The head will pop up, but just trickle water... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

mrfixit

Monday, August 13th 2018, 9:16pm

It sounds like the nozzle is clogged or turned off. I'm going on the assumption that they're spray heads.
Or maybe you have the wrong brand filter.
What happens if you take the nozzle off then turn the water on?

Monday, August 13th 2018, 9:53pm

It' not a clogged head. When I romove the head it shoots water straight into the air with lots of pressure. I have put other known working heads in it's place with the same result

Thursday, August 16th 2018, 10:42am

Figured out the problem... I didn't realize that adding in a spray head to a rotor zone would cause problems which is what was happening. Once i removed the spray head and replaced it with a rotor, all worked fine

Rate this thread