You are not logged in.

jb4140

Starting Member

Saturday, June 2nd 2018, 1:28pm

Need help with RainBird 5000 arc adjustment

I have a Rainbird 5000 sprinkler that had its left stop too far to the left (watering the sidewalk). I turned the head about 315 degrees to the left to fix that. Now the arc is 360 degrees (it was about 90 degrees before I changed the left stop). I can't seem to adjust the arc back to 90 degrees -- when I insert my screwdriver into the arc adjustment hole, it doesn't catch the adjustment screw. Is it possible that the adjustment screw is gone? Is it replaceable? Do I need to replace the sprinkler head?

lecatlin

Tuesday, July 24th 2018, 12:06pm

Hi jb,
While I'm just diving into "really" understanding my system, I accidientally found out you can pop off the top of the 5000 head with a tweaker screwdriver and look. It seems to function like a dirt keep-out-cap. Anyway, I haven't had your issue, but when I moved into my place 2 years ago, I had to play with them a lot to fix the useless installation that watered as much patio, sidewalk, and road as grass. If you cant figure out the screw (I'm wondering if it backed out too far?) I wonder if you can re-rotate a short amount and test?

Rate this thread