You are not logged in.

Bluguru

Friday, July 20th 2018, 5:37pm

Main valve activates all valves at the same time.

I have a rainbird controller with 8 zones. I only have e 7. When I turn on my test all zones. They come on all at the same time. I have no problem with them turning on and off. What I have a problem with is even if I have all of them unplugged with just the master valve and common wire all of them come on. I cannot get one zone to come on at a time unless I manually shut on and off each valve.

mrfixit

Saturday, July 21st 2018, 12:59am

I can think of a couple of things. Maybe all of the bleeder screws are open or all of the solenoids are loose.

It could be that the mainline between the master valve and the zone valves loses all pressure between watering cycles due to a faulty valve. So none of the valves are able to stay closed. Then when it's time to water the 7 valves can't shut off all at once. Well 6 of the 7. The one valve is supposed to be on. Maybe turn the flow controls down as far as you can with the valve still functioning properly.

Are the zone valves down hill from the master valve?

Bluguru

Sunday, July 22nd 2018, 5:40pm

All of the valves are up hill from the master valve. I checked all of the valves. There is no obstruction in any of them. how would I find the faulty valve.

mrfixit

Sunday, July 22nd 2018, 9:45pm

Where is the water coming from for the sprinklers?
City water?
Well water?
Lake water?
Other?
I guess I'm asking if there's a pump involved.

Rate this thread