You are not logged in.

Kjohn168

Thursday, July 12th 2018, 12:11pm

Can I add a six valve manifold to an existing three valve manifold?

Can I add a six valve manifold to an existing three valve manifold where two are in use and one is free? How would I wire that and what kind of controller will I need? ?(

RichMoney

Thursday, July 12th 2018, 4:16pm

You can add as many valves as you would like, you just need a controller with the amount of zones you require. If you are looking for a specific controller, you can try this one. Hunter makes great products.

As for the wiring, you have 1 wire that goes to every single valve, called the common or valve common (VC). Then you have a hot wire, that is wired from the valve to a number that corresponds to a zone.
https://sprinklerresource.com/

mrfixit

Thursday, July 12th 2018, 6:49pm

Or you could buy a controller from the site that owns this forum. Hunter Pro-C, and add a 3 station expansion module making it a 9 station controller.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, July 13th 2018, 5:44am

I think you meant to link the PC-400 model of Pro-C, since that's the base controller you can add modules to.

mrfixit

Friday, July 13th 2018, 12:01pm

Thanks Boots, you're right. I read this in the text, "Flexible design: Modular model offers 4 - 16 stations, or choose fixed 6 or 12 station models" and I thought I was on the right page. Been working my ass off in this heat. Was 115 on last Friday.

Kjohn168

Friday, July 20th 2018, 4:19pm

Thanks RichMoney, I know how to wire a single manifold but, what I'm wondering is that if I connect the six valve to the existing three valve; will I just add a seperate controller to the new valves? But because the the two manifolds will be connected now, does it make any difference that the wiring is separate with two separate controllers? I guess I didn't make myself clear! :S

Rate this thread