You are not logged in.

smd81

Thursday, July 19th 2018, 6:53pm

How much should this repair cost?

I have a couple leaks in my sprinkler system and received a repair quote. However, I know nothing about sprinklers so I'm not sure what to think of the quote. The quote says replace valve assembly in front yard with 1 PGV, emergency shut off, brass drain, standard vavle box and extension reconnect to existing lateral lines and wiring. In backyard replace shutoff valve with brass shut off and reconnect to existing main water line, rebuild 2 PGA's and master valve, reconnect to existing wiring. The shut offs are about two feet below ground level so he said some digging would be required. Quoted me $1200 to complete the above. Can anyone ball park for me if that's a decent price or if I'm being gouged? Thanks!!

mrfixit

Thursday, July 19th 2018, 9:51pm

Where I live the prices vary wildly. And the quality of work does as well.
I can't say from here what work needs to be done or how much it will cost. But for 1000 bucks I can do a ton of work.
I suggest you get more estimates. Try to use a sprinkler repairman. Not a landscaper or gardener or plumber. Make sure he has experience. < That doesn't mean much sometimes. There's a guy in town been doing it for 30 years and it some crappy work to boot. I just did a job on Monday he couldn't. The lady said he was running around like a chicken with his head cut off.
She was surprised how calm I was. lol

smd81

Friday, July 20th 2018, 1:37pm

Where I live the prices vary wildly. And the quality of work does as well.
I can't say from here what work needs to be done or how much it will cost. But for 1000 bucks I can do a ton of work.
I suggest you get more estimates. Try to use a sprinkler repairman. Not a landscaper or gardener or plumber. Make sure he has experience. < That doesn't mean much sometimes. There's a guy in town been doing it for 30 years and it some crappy work to boot. I just did a job on Monday he couldn't. The lady said he was running around like a chicken with his head cut off.
She was surprised how calm I was. lol

Thanks for the feedback!!!

Rate this thread