You are not logged in.

MonkeyMom

Starting Member

Sunday, June 24th 2018, 2:07pm

5 zones out of 8 work, but all work in test mode

I just paid over $4,000 for a sprinkler system with 8 zones. All zones work in test mode. Zones 6, 7 and 8 do not work on auto run, manual mode, manual program run, etc., only on test mode. They have replaced my Rainbird controller box 3 times. After the last replacement, zone 6 came on for about 2 minutes and quit and 7 and 8 never came on.

The contractor said he has never had any issue like this and he doesn't know what else to do. I paid for this over a month ago. He will fix it, but I'm getting tired of waiting for him to diagnose the issue. He says it can only be in the controller box. I have already paid for the system so I can't speed him up by not paying. He just tells me he is waiting for tech support to get back to him.

Can anyone point me in a direction that I can apparently point him to? I am trying to seed and I need a sprinkler system.

Thanks for your help. :)

mrfixit

Sunday, June 24th 2018, 11:21pm

I wish I lived near you. I love fixing stuff others can't figure out.
What does the test mode do? Does it actually turn the valves on for 2 minutes? 1 minute? Or is it looking for shorts?
What model timer is it?
It sounds like a wiring problem to me. It's hard to tell from here. Your guy should have figured it out by now. You might want to hire a pro.
Maybe call the local irrigation specialty house and ask who they recommend.

Rate this thread