You are not logged in.

Saturday, June 16th 2018, 9:13pm

Help me identify this old sprinkler valve

Hi, new member here.
Can anyone tell me the make and model of this valve? The rest of the system is rain bird, but I can't find any markings on the valve.

As you can see a chunk of the diaphragm is missing, so the sprinkler zone keeps running after the Controller turns the zone off. It looks like there are no fancy union sleeves on the valve, just pvc pipe glued to the valve? So no way to twist it off, I'll have to dig it out and cut it out if I can't find replacement parts!

Appreciate the help.

mrfixit

Saturday, June 16th 2018, 9:45pm

That's a 205. You can just buy a new valve and swap out all the parts or just buy the diaphragm.

Saturday, June 16th 2018, 10:31pm

Thank you so much! Ordering now.

mrfixit

Sunday, June 17th 2018, 2:17am

The 205 can be tricky to rebuild. You need to be very careful to line the screw holes up correctly. It's easy to pinch that nipple on the bottom of the bonnet and it's ruined.
I taught myself a trick on how to do it. I assemble everything in my hand first. Bonnet, spring and diaphragm.
Squeeze the diaphragm against the bonnet which depresses the spring. Then put the screws in with three threads poking through. Pull them so the diaphragm's tight against the bonnet. Then CAREFULLY line up the screw holes and put the whole thing on at once. You need to be quick.
Maybe practice with the old parts.

Friday, June 22nd 2018, 10:22pm

Thanks for the tips on assembly. Valve arrived today and I swapped it out and everything seems to be working great! The zone now shuts off as its supposed to and the valve appears to be holding watertight, I'll recheck it in the morning.

Actually ordered a replacement valve for all of my zones, going to replace the innards on all of them as they are all about 15 years old.