You are not logged in.

ericbro

Friday, June 15th 2018, 2:15pm

Spray heads won't pop up

I have a zone with 4 Rainbird 5000 rotors and 4 Hunter MP rotators. Problem is only one of the Hunters (the first one) pop up. If I pull up on one of the other 3, they all come up and work fine, but they won’t come up on their own. Could it be a lack-of-pressure problem? If so, if I put in pressure reducing heads in place of the Rainbirds, will that help the Hunters to pop up?

mrfixit

Friday, June 15th 2018, 11:51pm

Could be the seals are bad. Could be the springs in the sprinklers are too strong. Are the sprinklers SAMS?
Could be the valve isn't coming on all the way. Open the bleeder screw and see if they come on stronger.
Could be a leak in the line somewhere stealing the pressure.
Swapping out heads that use less water? Yep that could do it too. Maybe use smaller nozzles in the Rainbirds or make them all MP's.

ericbro

Saturday, June 16th 2018, 9:34am

Didn’t know that spring strength (I assume you mean in the
Hunters) is an optional thing. Is it?

mrfixit

Saturday, June 16th 2018, 11:12am

Yep, I'm talking about the sprinklers you're saying don't pop up.
The MP Rotator will fit on Rainbird 1800 series as well as the Hunter Pro Spray. If the 1800's are SAM's or Seal-O-Matic, the spring is much stronger. I had to swap out four springs just yesterday because they wouldn't pop up all the way on brand new 1800 SAM's.
If the pop ups are Pro Sprays then don't worry about the spring.

ericbro

Saturday, June 16th 2018, 11:37am

They are ProSprays with 4A (4') Pro Adjustable Nozzles. So if I can't replace those springs, is my next best option would be swapping out the Rainbird 5000's with either Rainbird 1800's or Hunter heads with MP Rotators?

mrfixit

Saturday, June 16th 2018, 12:08pm

If you've ruled every thing else out then I'd make them all MP's. That's how it should be anyway.

ericbro

Saturday, June 16th 2018, 2:30pm

OK. Thanks for the help.

Rate this thread