You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Uboat

Tuesday, May 29th 2018, 9:17am

Hunter ICC 800 random random operation

I recently did a full factory reset my Hunter ICC 800 Controller because it was turning on randomly - odd stuff. I was able to reprogram all but "Program D", which as I recall was previously reserved to control the master valve. Before the reset, D1-24 all said "USED", but now D1 is open for programming and I think this is what is causing the problems. How do I program D1 to be used exclusively by the master valve and lock it to "USED" again? I've searched the manual and the web but have come up empty. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

mrfixit

Tuesday, May 29th 2018, 1:55pm

I think you're confused at to what the master valve is.
The D program is for drip line.
The master valve has it's own terminal, p/mv. Page 14
Check the programming on Page 22
The master valve comes on with every station. If you even have a master valve. Check the terminal I mentioned.

Uboat

Thursday, May 31st 2018, 8:24pm

Random operation - Hunter ICC 800

Okay, got it. Thanks very much for straightening me out. Now it makes sense.

Back to the main issue - random operation. I originally reset this controller because it runs randomly - unprogrammed times for much longer than I would ever program any zone. Any suggestions? Do I need to replace one of the modules? How do I know which one?

Many thanks.

mrfixit

Thursday, May 31st 2018, 9:08pm

Did you reset the controller via the manual's instructions? Or did you just reprogram it?
It sounds like the programming is messed up.

Uboat

Friday, June 1st 2018, 8:29am

I did a full reset and then reprogrammed. I've double checked the programming, now with the full understanding of D & "USED". This morning, with the battery out and unit unplugged, I unplugged each of the components and replugged them, in the event something was not connecting. Thoughts?

Thanks very much for helping me troubleshoot.

mrfixit

Friday, June 1st 2018, 2:03pm

It sounds messed up to me.
Is the controller plugged into the same outlet as a washing machine or pool filter? I've seen both of those reek havoc on a timer. Actually the pool filter one was recently and it wasn't even the same outlet. It was just on the same circuit. I installed two new timers before figuring out there was problem caused by a new install of a pool timer. He had loose wiring in there which caused the timers to act like there was a short in the sprinkler system.
Do you have a remote control receiver plugged into the controller where something's turning it on?

Uboat

Saturday, June 2nd 2018, 8:34am

Great questions. The controller shares a power strip with a dog radio fence (constant circuit) but nothing else on that power circuit. I do have a remote as I have 23 zones - I will disconnect that for a few days to see if that makes a difference.

Hunter Support got back to me and said I need to replace the controller face - shocking...

Thanks again for your help.

mrfixit

Saturday, June 2nd 2018, 4:30pm

Maybe change frequencies on the remote. If you just have it on 1, it could be the same as a neighbors. Assign the remote to 2 and see what happens.
I have a remote that goes a mile. So they say.

Uboat

Thursday, June 7th 2018, 3:29pm

I think changing the channel on the remote may be the answer. I unplugged it a few days ago and no issues since. Thanks for the suggestion.

Rate this thread