You are not logged in.

eclipsed

Unregistered

Tuesday, June 5th 2018, 10:15pm

Problem with rainbird 1800 series sam-prs with rvan-14 rotary nozzles

Bought a bunch of Rainbird 1800 sam-prs with rvan 14's from SW (the combos that were on sale). Problem is it is like the nozzles don't even fit correctly in the head and they sometimes leak after the system is off. If you look at them, the nozzle isn't retracted fully into the seal. A small bit of pressure and they actually click into place and turn off. If you actually pull it out with the system off and let it go it will snap into place correctly, but with the gentle lowering after watering its like the spring isn't strong enough to actually close it. Any suggestions?

mrfixit

Tuesday, June 5th 2018, 11:20pm

Man that sucks. I just saw the new blue Rainbird rotary nozzles yesterday for the first time. I haven't bought one yet. It'll be a while before I do.
I was very upset when learned that Rainbird stopped making the fixed rotary nozzles. All they sell are VANS now.
I went on Ebay and bought 10 bags just to have on my truck. I think they were the best rotary nozzle on the market. WERE!

I see from the picture of the nozzle at Sprinkler Warehouse that it might be a tad wide at the bottom. The only suggestions I have are, send them back or sand them down. It would be a pain in the butt but I think a tiny bit of sanding would cure the problem. Maybe try it on one nozzle and see what happens.

Pic of nozzle on stem

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Jun 6th 2018, 3:17am)

eclipsed

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 6th 2018, 11:27am

Thanks for the idea. I'll see if I can run with it. I really like these otherwise. They are easily adjustable both in radius and arc. I do have some concerns about their durability, they feel a little flimsy but I haven't managed to break one yet. Their performance is outstanding imo though. Great up close watering and very even coverage. Much better than the Hunter MP rotaries, I have no experience with the previous models.

Rate this thread