You are not logged in.

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 6:58pm

Rainbird esp transformer

Hi all,

I just bought a house with a Sprinkler system and am hearing a humming noise coming from the control box adn traced it to the transformer. THe box is a rain bird esp 12lx plus with 2 zones set up. I found out i had a bad selonid, no power to zone 2, so replaced that. the transformer is still humming with and with out water running. Thinking that i need to replace that but looking at the back side of box it is riveted into place. My question is do i need to drill out the rivet which will allow me to slide the silver tray out that the transformer is mounted to then rerivet the new transformer[/size]... Also ive found that there is a sprinkler on each zone that is damaged, water flooding when zone is turned on so my other question would be could fixing the water leak cause the humming to stop or is it more likely a bad transformer AND bad plumbing to repair.

Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, May 25th 2018, 6:40am

All transformers hum (they don't know the words) - don't worry about it - concentrate on the sprinklers

Friday, May 25th 2018, 5:24pm

Is there anything I can put into the area around transformer to quiet the noise? Insulation?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 27th 2018, 10:05am

If the transformer is keeping you awake at night, just replace it.

Rate this thread