You are not logged in.

Tuesday, May 1st 2018, 11:00pm

Drip irrigation question

Hi everyone,

I just installed a flower bed at the front of my house (measuring 9ft x 6ft) and I want to include a drip system.
If I run the 1/2-inch tube through the center of the flower bed, does anyone know the maximum number of spaghetti tubes I could have branching off for an area that size?
I read somewhere that you could have 1/4-inch tubes branching out at 6-inch intervals... would that be too many or too close?
It's my first time installing a drip line and I'm trying to see how many plants and flowers could be watered this way for a bed that size.

Thanks for your help!!

mrfixit

Tuesday, May 1st 2018, 11:25pm

Drip lines are extremely versatile. You can pretty much to anything you want with it.
It totally depends on the emitters you use. Some spray, some drip, some shoot out streams some bubble.
I like to use these.
I also like to install the 1/4" tube and the emitters with the valve on. I can see where they cover better.

hunterwolf

Starting Member

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 11:36am

"Single" Drip Nozzles Off of 1/2" PVC

Our main 1" PVC distribution piping runs 550" and each tree is connected to the distribution pipe by 1/2" PVC with "Full, Half, and Quarter Circle Sprinkler, and Variable Arc Spray Nozzles. We want to replace these existing Nozzles and start using a Direct Drip Nozzle for each tree. We are not interesting in reducing down from 1/2" PVC to 1/4" poly tubbing and adjustable Drip Emitters. Is there a 1/2" Adjustable Drip Nozzle available that will screw directly into the 1/2" Sch 80 PVC Pipe Nipple with, or without a coupler?

Rate this thread