You are not logged in.

noahdare

Unregistered

Thursday, April 19th 2018, 12:06pm

Use pressure regulated spray heads or not?

Working on a new project to replace the spray heads and install rotor nozzles on 2 zones in my front yard. Trying to decide if I should use pressure regulated heads or if I can save a little money by not. I bought a hose bib guage and it shows about 80 psi from the house. But not sure I really am getting that amount at the heads. The zones are pretty long and have 8-10 heads on each. Any advice?

vbx

Friday, May 4th 2018, 12:49am

I thought the nozzles were already pressure regulated to a point?

I replaced all of my ancient brass sprinklers (orbit) with a new K-rain Pro S with check valve from Home Depot. Installed the Hunter MP rotator nozzle on every single one of the heads. (City even offers a $2 rebate for each nozzle).

After all said and done, I have to say my Sprinkler no longer causes my pipes to "hammer" due to the lower precipitation rate. Also, one of my zone has 13 heads and use to have weak areas due to too many heads. These rotator nozzle fixed it.

However, it does take longer to water the lawn. I'll post an update to see if I save any water.

So, far, I can say the sidewalk and driveway are no longer being watered. The rotator has more control and less mist.

Rate this thread