You are not logged in.

bobily

Sunday, April 29th 2018, 7:37am

Half a zone stopped working

HELP! Our system (Hunter) is 14 years old and has ran like a champ until this year. I've had to start replacing the solenoid and diaphragms in the ICV's to stop leaks. So far that has not been a problem, but this past week we had two things happen and now half of a zone, that is separated by the driveway, does not come on.

More details. Last week we hit a pipe moving a tree, it was a part of the sprinkler system, in fixing it there were three wires (2 red, 1 white) that got cut. We've fixed the pipe and re-connected the wires. The first time we turned on the system the heads attempted to come up in this zone, but immediately went back down (all of them in the zone). Checked the wires and re-set all of the wire nuts, retried and now only half the zone works.

Also last week. Before the pipe there was a leak in ICV for this zone, so I bought the replacement diaphragm and stopped the leak. That seemed to work, until starting up the system after the other issue mentioned above. I went down and got the entire valve kit from Home Depot and replaced the top part of the (diaphragm up through solenoid). Still nothing (except it doesn't leak again).

I can here the solenoid click on when the controller turns on that zone, but only the north side of the driveway comes on. If I turn the solenoid on top of the valve, the south part of the driveway in the zone comes on.

Any ideas what to try next?

mrfixit

Sunday, April 29th 2018, 1:57pm

Are you sure both sides of the driveway are controlled by one valve? Maybe there are two valves that came on at the same time.

bobily

Wednesday, May 2nd 2018, 1:03pm

I feel comfortable in saying yes, both sides are controlled by the same valve, but I'll keep looking for another valve box.

Rate this thread