You are not logged in.

gbailey

Unregistered

Sunday, April 29th 2018, 11:14am

locating valves and sprinkler heads

I am trying to revive a sprinkler system, in a home new to me.... I have found the main water supply and 2 valves. The system appears to have 8 zones... so I am assuming 8 valves. Zone 1 & 2 works, but had to dig the sprinkler heads out from under a couple of inches of dirt and grass.

I cannot find the over valves, and am assuming I will have to dig for the sprinkler heads in the other zones. Can you give any ideas on how to locate the other valves?

Thank you

mrfixit

Sunday, April 29th 2018, 1:54pm

The wires lead to the valves so you can trace the wires right to them with a wire tracer/valve locator.
Or, you can hook up a chatter device that will make the solenoids click click so you can attempt to hear them.
You can make a logical conclusion where they might be and probe around with a screwdriver.

gbailey

Unregistered

Monday, April 30th 2018, 5:02pm

locating valves and sprinkler heads

Thank you

Knuckle head

Unregistered

Monday, April 30th 2018, 7:16pm

sprinkler location and more

I need answers too for sprinkler head location. New house and old system, all rain bird by the looks, found one head which I promptly broke and then replaced. Problem here is that I am running off a well and solenoids are on a manifold (4 zones) which I made a new one as I promptly broke that too (hey it's my thing I do) Solenoids, manifold, controller (rainbird 6000out) starter relay pump (Hunter good for 10 HP pump) new 1.5 HP pump and controller wiring to relay and pump. I am guessing this system has not started up for 10 to 20 years, now wires to trace to heads, so do I connect every thing up and let ir rip and see whats pop up and squirts or what......any ideas.

Sorry if I gate crashed some one elses post and I will join up as soon as I can and repost in a new thread if need be.

Rate this thread