You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, March 30th 2018, 8:37am

Thanks, I also still have the old 24 Volt transformer from the TORO and with a small modification of the leads could use that, the only negative in that in that is if the controller can stand that, I have tried it temporarily touching the leads to the terminals and the pump relay works.
Worse comes to worse replace the Rainbird unit with the original TORO and have a lad here in the park that does these things do it if it goes south while I am gone..
So going forward I am trying the Rainbird unit again, maybe it was only a faulty transformer, hopefully that is it if not try the Toro Transformer or go back to original TORO unit.

Thanks for your speedy reply, appreciate that!.

Oh on edit...
Just a last question;

The older TORO Transformer worked great with the Pump Relay
It has the following on its transformer: 750mA/26W/24VAC

The New Rainbird has the following on its transformer:
650mA/25.5VAC

I wonder if this slightly less capacity transformer defaulted
because of the 100mA less capacity?

And if I used the old 750 TORO transformer instead with the
new Rainbird if that might be a better fit? Since the Pump Relay and the old
TORO worked with that 750 mA transformer ok.

Of course maybe the Rainbird unit might not like the
additional Amperage but does it really use it?

Anyway just thinking on trying to solve this power question.
Thanks for any comments!

BTW since I put the new transformer in (yesterday)I have started and stopped the Unit initializing the Pump Relay many many times and I cannot get it to blow the transformer, of course maybe when I leave it goes faulty....would be just my luck but so far....its performing great.

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "canuck travellers" (Mar 30th 2018, 5:18pm)

Rate this thread