You are not logged in.

Starting Member

Sunday, September 27th 2015, 5:04pm

Tracking Water Use

I would like to keep track of the water usage and was hoping to get some thoughts or suggestions.

I'm thinking that a simpler option would be to install an inline meter but that would require me to go and take a reading after each water cycle. This would be fine for ad-hock records but would not be practical for regular recordings. I believe some of the higher end controllers will capture this sort of information for a more complete solution, but it seems that would take me into the multi-hundred $ range for controller, which is a lot just to keep track of water usage.

Any recommendations for a relatively inexpensive inline meter?

Any other creative suggestions?

Sunday, September 27th 2015, 5:50pm

ad-hock records
What are the odds of this being another Blue Spray commercial.

Wednesday, December 27th 2017, 4:39pm

Assuming that the System Manager is not making seasonal adjustments, have a series to readings done while the system is operating during an entire irrigation cycle per program. Take the results of the readings taken and multiply them times the number of cycles done per week/month. This is not the best way to do it but it is a reasonable way to have an idea of how much water is being used as long as the system is not experiencing clogged nozzle(s) or leaking pipes/sprinkler(s) problems.

Rate this thread