You are not logged in.

KateG

Starting Member

Wednesday, November 22nd 2017, 4:42pm

Noises in the new poly line

Newly installed drip irrigation. Turn it on and depending on where you are, there is a whistle, a hum or a rattle. I ran the zone several times, and for longer than 10 minutes each, so this shouldn't be an air issue. The valves are nice and quiet, so it doesn't appear to be an issue with them.

.71 OD poly, rainbird emitters attached directly to the poly and not at the end of the spagetti tubes. Everything is pro grade and not Home Depot specials.

3 zones installed, only 1 is having issues. For what it's worth, the noisy zone is on an uphill slope.

I have lost county of how many systems I have installed. Also, not the first uphill install either. This is the only 1 that has ever done this. My irrigation parts supplier closed early today (Day before Thanksgiving) and is taking a long weekend. Client is looking for an answer before Monday.

Any thoughts???

mrfixit

Wednesday, November 22nd 2017, 7:22pm

Check and see if the noise is coming from the pressure reducer. You might need a different brand. I like Rainbird's combo filter and pressure reducer. Filter Shop around for a better price. 14 bucks tops. I don't get hum out of them like some other brands.