You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

AlL

Saturday, October 7th 2017, 7:29pm

Alkaline vs. rechargeable battery in a controller?

I was just checking the Toro
Vision II Plus Series Controller when I noticed in the manual that a rechargeable 9V battery should be used and NOT a 9V alkaline battery. I understand this system is 20 years old & the battery measured 4.6V. I replaced it with a rechargeable.
[font=&quot][/font]

I'm having problems, but to describe it is very lengthy. So, to head off a possible concern first, could the old battery have caused problems with the valve solenoids?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, October 8th 2017, 5:00pm

Don't try to charge an alkaline battery. They are liable to misbehave.

AlL

Monday, October 9th 2017, 8:07am

Nope! Didn't try to recharge the alkaline battery. No charger! :D :D :D ;) Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, October 9th 2017, 1:05pm

if you replace a rechargeable controller battery with an alkaline battery, your controller will try to charge it. :thumbdown:

AlL

Monday, October 9th 2017, 4:11pm

You're right! Forgot that.

Rate this thread