You are not logged in.

v010298@aol.com

Unregistered

Friday, September 15th 2017, 6:04pm

Changing companies for an aging system?

Is it a disadvantage economically to change residential sprinker companies after being with the same company for about 9 years??? (They installed it and service it. We have had a service agreement with them.) The business changed hands a few years ago (I just found that out) and it has seemed shaky in many ways since then. More charges outside of the service agreement, forgetting to go in the backyard, not coming inside to turn the unit off as in the past, etc. :| :| However, I am concerned that if the system needs upgrading if changing now would not be a good idea? It is for my mom's house and I am not typically there when they come and that just adds to the concerns. I was disappointed that the previous owner did not announce his selling / leaving the biz. That just kind of adds to the concerns........
I found one on Angie's List that would be perfect but I have this concern about the age of the system and changing.

Any suggestions?

Tuesday, September 19th 2017, 8:53am

Changing Lawn Sprinkler Companies

It is a fallacy that the company that installed a lawn sprinkler system is the only one that can service it. Any good service tech should be able figure out the layout of your system in minutes. They only reason to be tied to a company is if you have a warranty on your system and the company actually honors the warranty. If you are not happy with the service you are getting from your current irrigation company move on. Look on the internet and check out their reviews. The good companies should have a bunch. Don't go for the cheapest guys, go for the company that you feel you can trust. My company tries really hard to keep our customers happy. Check out our reviews on Google.

Rate this thread