You are not logged in.

ezpaths

Tuesday, September 5th 2017, 9:24pm

Replace Entire Valve or Find Similar Parts for Old Rain Bird

I have an APAS-100 that is leaking. I cannot find the old parts and see that some other brands can be screwed in to replace Section A, not so sure on Section 8 (and yes, I will need both). I am leaning towards replacing the entire valve, but my only concern is that the distance from center to center on the old APAS-100 is 3 inches while the newer valves appear to have a 4 inch center to center length. Could this possibly cause leaking? If not, any recommendations on a new valve? Thanks for the assist.

mrfixit

Tuesday, September 5th 2017, 9:53pm

Replace it with this 311

The ports are the same distance apart.

They have 3/4" and 1". The number you posted is a 1".

ezpaths

Wednesday, September 6th 2017, 8:02pm

Thanks for the post. I was looking at the Rain Bird DASASVF-100 but went with an irritrol. with the Irritrol, any guidance on just using the parts on this and screwing into the existing pipe on the APAS-100? Thanks.

mrfixit

Wednesday, September 6th 2017, 8:11pm

The valve adapter will screw right into the old body if you wish. I'm not sure about the other side though. It might fit.
I'll need a pic of your existing valve to give advice on how to install the new one.
Go to www.tinypic.com, upload the pic there then copy and paste the "forum code" to your post here and the pic will magically appear.

Rate this thread