You are not logged in.

Kodiak

Friday, July 7th 2017, 2:29pm

Replacement Controller Selection

I have a Rain Bird E-9i that has died. (no longer will send 24vac signal out to the respective solenoid valves. I have looked at the Rain Bird SST 900i but at least on that model, Rain Bird has gone to a "slip in wire connection" and not the more secure "wire under the screw" connection. I hate those cheap slip connections. Do any of you knowledgeable Trades Folks know of a Controller that is a good choice for a 9 zone system that uses actual screws for conductor termination?

Thank you in advance for your time and expertise.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, July 7th 2017, 4:21pm

"Consumer" controllers are apt to have the sort of connections you described. Pro controllers, not so likely.

However, for a 9 zone 'pro' controller, you might have to spend another hundred dollars in order to avoid using that SST900i - worth it?

Edit: Here is a nine-zone 'pro' controller with screw terminals and pro-type programming that the SST900 doesn't have. I can't attest to it, other than noting that the Irritrol KwikDial is a Toro product, and one of several controllers sold under the Irritrol name.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wet_Boots" (Jul 7th 2017, 4:40pm)

Rate this thread