You are not logged in.

Lars

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 11:00am

Hardee valve

I have a 1" Hardee valve in a zone that I cant get enough flow to the sprinkler heads unless I screw the needle/bleeder out to the point that water is shooting out the bleeder. I replaced the seliond, which helped some, but what could the issue be? Is the valve itself shot? I did remove remove the needle and trimed off a bit of the needle thinking a shorter needle would help, but it made it worse.

mrfixit

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 12:43pm

The problem you've described is usually the diaphragm.
Do you know what model valve it is?
Or post a pic. www.tinypic.com. Cut n paste the forum code to your post.

Lars

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 8:13pm

I just looked and can't see the model #, I had the box totally unearthed 2 weekends ago as this one of those 6" circular valve boxes that are just too small for my hands to work in. I had the top of the valve taken apart, looked at the diaphram had a black slim on it, replaced the O ring and selinoid, I got a new bleeder?screw from SprinklerSupplies4Less.com according to their website this valve is no longer manufactured.
This the same zone that been given me fits the whole time I have working on the system, the original installers placed this zone valve box directly under the drip line of the roof, so 30 years of rain showers landing on the cover had it packed full of dirt to the top when I first opened it last summer.

mrfixit

Monday, June 5th 2017, 4:05am

You might be able to get repair parts for that valve. But if it's only in a single 6" round valve box it should be simple enough to install a new one. If you post a pic I could tell you exactly what I think the valve needs. I have a hardy valve in mind but I'm only guessing.