You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Badcock

Starting Member

Wednesday, May 31st 2017, 6:05am

Poly Pipes blowing at connections

Hi!
Installing a sprinkler system for the first time. Think everything is done 'by the book' but when water is turned on to test, I kept having the pipes blow apart at connections. Seems to be just the main lines. Using 1" poly pipe, plastic elbow, or t connectors and steel clamps. I've already gone through the whole system making sure every fitting was snug on the connector and clamps as tight as possible. Had system leak free just over 24hrs, and then boom! instant pool in the backyard. What am I missing? Any help or suggestions please?

BackflowInspector

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 1st 2017, 6:57pm

I am not the best guy to answer this question, but I have seen that it was not replied to so here goes.
What kind of pressure are you putting on the main line?
Are you using compression fittings or glue/Primer?

I am a hard pipe guy for mainline. I don't see the benefit of a poly mainline, but I live in Texas.

I guess your trenches are still open.

How many feet does your mainline run?

:thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:
LI0006121, BPAT0011021, CI0009500

Rate this thread