You are not logged in.

twentw

Starting Member

Sunday, August 2nd 2015, 11:00am

Best way to find a hidden leak?

I have one leg of my sprinkler system that has very low pressure. In the past this has been due to a broken riser, but I've checked them all and they're fine. There's no obvious evidence of a leak anywhere - pooling water or mushy ground. The valve appears to work fine. How do I find this leak? My only thought is to cut and cap the pipe at various locations to narrow it down, but before I start that, is there a easier way? What would be ideal would be something I could stick in the pipe at the head locations that would stop the flow through the pipe. But I've never seen such a thing. Any ideas?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 2nd 2015, 4:39pm

You can confirm the valve is not opening fully by way of pressure readings (full opening drops supply pressure - partial opening leaves supply pressure higher)

stilinsm

Unregistered

Monday, August 3rd 2015, 8:53pm

I found my leak by inserting blank inserts in all of the heads within the zone. Took only a few minutes to find the pooling water and pipe damaged by lawn aerator.

dotlang@hotmail.com

Unregistered

Saturday, May 27th 2017, 12:36pm

airleakinlinefor3houses

our system is leaking air there is 3 houses that cant get water because all we get is air the system has been flushed but still no water X( all

Rate this thread