You are not logged in.

Kodiak

Friday, May 19th 2017, 11:02am

Out of my League

I'll start by apologizing for taking up your time but I need help and it seems that it takes a special person to get in touch with Rainbird.
My elderly father has a Rainbird E-9i controller and a Rainbird RSD-BEx Rain Sensor. My question: does this controller send out a 24vac signal THROUGH the rain sensor or does the rain sensor (when activated by rain) just complete a continuity path? I'm trying to help my Dad out and learn to speak "sprinkler system" at the same time. It "appears" how it is currently wired is that one side of the Pump Start Relay coil (24vac common) is passed through the rain sensor then to one terminal of the Rain Sensor on the Controller.

Kodiak

Monday, May 22nd 2017, 10:42am

RE: Out of my League

I'll start by apologizing for taking up your time but I need help and it seems that it takes a special person to get in touch with Rainbird.
My elderly father has a Rainbird E-9i controller and a Rainbird RSD-BEx Rain Sensor. My question: does this controller send out a 24vac signal THROUGH the rain sensor or does the rain sensor (when activated by rain) just complete a continuity path? I'm trying to help my Dad out and learn to speak "sprinkler system" at the same time. It "appears" how it is currently wired is that one side of the Pump Start Relay coil (24vac common) is passed through the rain sensor then to one terminal of the Rain Sensor on the Controller.
Thank you "Mr. Fixit for taking a moment to read and reply to my question. Unfortunately, I did a really poor job at wording the question and included information which clouded or changed the composition. What I REALLY wanted to know is: on the Rainbird E-9i controller does the Rain Sensor terminals send out a 24vac signal which routes through the rain sensor N.C. contacts?

mrfixit

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 10:42am

I must have been tired when I answered your question. What I told you made no sense at all. Well I guess I'm not perfect anymore. =)
No there's not a 24 volt signal being sent through your rain sensor. It simply disconnects the common wire and breaks the circuit so the valves can't actuate.

Rate this thread