You are not logged in.

Whivins1

Starting Member

Thursday, May 18th 2017, 7:19am

Low pressure in system

Hello all, and thanks in advance for any input concerning this issue with my sprinkler system. My neighborhood has six homes. All six have sprinkler systems that are supplied by a well. The well cannot supply all at once, so we have dedicated times to run each system. Last year the well pump was replaced. My system has been running fine up until a couple of weeks ago, when there did not seem to be enough presssure to push the sprinkler heads up. They just dribbled water out of each head in that zone. Looking at the operation of my neighbors system across the street, theirs seems to work fine. The common area in front of the subdivision, I'm hearing is doing what mine does. My next door neighbor has had work done to his, haven't heard back what issues he has had. I starting to think there is some sort of restriction in a line that feeds half of the neighborhood systems. It looks like one side of the street works and the other side does not. My question is that whith this kind of neighborhood setup, could there be a split between the main line off the the well feeding different sides of the street? Thx.

Update:
Thanks for the reply. Looks like there is a regulator in the line that is upstream of the shut off on the street that maybe the problem. It's being looked at today. Hope that is all it is. Thanks again, VW.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Whivins1" (Yesterday, 12:00pm)

mrfixit

Thursday, May 18th 2017, 10:29pm

I'd say there could be a split in the line. Don't see why not. Maybe there are two shut off valves and one of the valves isn't on all the way. Two filters? Hard to tell from here.

Rate this thread