You are not logged in.

Sasanhasan10

Starting Member

Tuesday, October 11th 2016, 11:35pm

Need help on irrigation

Hi all...I have moved to new house which has got ample space around to do gardening. I'm a retired person and I feel gardening would help me spend my time wisely. But it's an irony that I don't know the basics of irrigation and gardening, the reason why I'm here. I went through blogs and articles on irrigation and came across Rain bird irrigation, drip irrigation and many other types. But I don't know what might suit my soil. Is it necessary to test the soil before installing an irrigation type? I also need to connect the lawn irrigation system to home water supply , which I believe requires a plumbing professional. I'm not pretty sure of the irrigation design and I require help and advice on the planning and the necessary measures to be undertook. All comments invited....

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Wednesday, October 12th 2016, 9:23pm

as a sprinkler guy, the design is a huge part of it. Execution is also Important.

Believe it or not most people screw up the design and the scheduling.

You have the time to figure out the design.

You are in the right place.

Remember head to head coverage.

Water pressure is greatest at the supply.

Friction Loss through everything the water touches from the meter to the head.

Backflow Prevention

Design pressure is the pressure your sprinkler heads require to operate plus any friction loss.

Good Luck

I know you can do it.

8)
:thumbup: :thumbsup:
LI0006121, BPAT0011021, CI0009500

Warren Knegt

Tuesday, December 6th 2016, 6:35am

Yes, its 100% correct what @hi.todd said. And before you hire any professional, go for irrigation free estimate near by your area.
Irrigation system installation, maintenance and repair services.

WaterYourWorld
Toll Free: 800-870-6612

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Wednesday, December 7th 2016, 8:16pm

:thumbsup:
Cheers!!

Props
:thumbup: :thumbsup:
LI0006121, BPAT0011021, CI0009500

harrisplumber

Starting Member

Monday, May 8th 2017, 2:24am

So have you resolved this issue?? i also wants to install an irrigation line in my garden and i also need some advice.

Rate this thread