You are not logged in.

aweldon

Unregistered

Monday, May 1st 2017, 7:00pm

Replacing old Toro valves

Hi all, found the forum while doing some research for the valves I have installed. They are Toro valves labeled 284 16 04 from the best I can tell which translates to old Flo-Pro valves? Does anyone recommend rebuilding them or just replacing them at this point? If replacement is recommended what is any affordable long lasting valve? Thanks!

mrfixit

Monday, May 1st 2017, 9:58pm

I can't make a recommendation unless I know which valve you have for sure.
Can you post a pic of the valve? Go to www.tinypic.com, upload the pic there then cut n paste the forum code to here.

aweldon

Unregistered

Tuesday, May 2nd 2017, 10:01pm

Here's an Imgur upload. Hopefully it works.

mrfixit

Tuesday, May 2nd 2017, 11:33pm

Yep those are Flo-Pros. I highly recommend you replace them instead of rebuilding them. Those are the most rediculous solenoid's I've ever had the displeasure of working with. That valve is basically obsolete. They don't make them anymore. I don't know for certain what size your valve is. I'm guessing 1 inch. I'd go with an Irritrol 2500. They're long lasting and simple to rebuild.

aweldon

Unregistered

Thursday, May 4th 2017, 8:12pm

Thank you very much! I think they are 1" as well haven't had a chance to dig up and double check it. Although the last time I looked at them they looked like both ends were held in with some sort of band / squeeze clamps. Also, flow control or no?

mrfixit

Thursday, May 4th 2017, 8:58pm

You're welcome and yes go with the flow controls. Adjust them down a bit and it helps the valve shut off. You never want them open all the way.