You are not logged in.

bassadict69

Sunday, June 19th 2016, 8:39am

Help me formulate a gameplan...

First of all, I am in the process of reading the tutorial and my head is spinning even though it seems like it all should be so simple!

First, I am planning a DYI install on my large backyard which is around 3/4 acre by itself. I have a 2hp centrifugal pump pulling from a lake and pumping through a 1 1/2" discharge. PSI at my discharge is 48-50 psi and using the bucket test appears to be 23 gpm.

Should I stick with 1 1/2" throughout the system and zones? 1 inch? As far as cost, not concerned with that as long as I get the proper water flow to each zone.

I would love to stick with gear driven heads because I hate listening to several ratchet type all working at once. How many heads can I expect to run on each zone?

Is there any other information needed here? There is a slight elevation increase from the pump to the house...is that needed here?

bassadict69

Sunday, June 19th 2016, 8:54am

Another question upon reading further...I had originally planned on one or two valve boxes being buried down by the lake and all the zones coming from there. Am I better off putting each valve in a seperate box closer to the beginning of each zone?

I am really having trouble figuring out this part...in case it helps, here is my Rainbird design.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 19th 2016, 1:15pm

there is no value to be had by not keeping the zone valves together, in a single valve box

bassadict69

Sunday, April 9th 2017, 4:07pm

1" lines throughout each zone, or keep it at 1 1/2" throughout?