You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rlagm3

Thursday, March 16th 2017, 7:19am

is there a controller that keeps the flow and pressure between zone changes

i am having a problem when 1 zone ends and another starts sometimes the pressure and flow drop causes my pvb to pop and pour out water

any advice?

Thursday, March 16th 2017, 10:00am

Pressure problem

That is an interesting question.
What kind of controller are you currently using?
What kind of water pressure do you have?
What is the diameter of the pipe feeding your backflow?
How many gallons per minute are you using for each zone?
Kelly
www.allwet.net

rlagm3

Thursday, March 16th 2017, 1:24pm

RE: Pressure problem

i currently have a rain bird rc 7bi older analog timer..
pressure is over normal range.. i think around 100 psi..
1" pipe size feeding the backflow

im not sure of the gallons per zone..
That is an interesting question.
What kind of controller are you currently using?
What kind of water pressure do you have?
What is the diameter of the pipe feeding your backflow?
How many gallons per minute are you using for each zone?
Kelly
www.allwet.net

mrfixit

Friday, March 17th 2017, 1:03am

I'd check to see if all the shut off valves are open all the way. Possibly one's only open part way cutting down on the flow. Check the ball valves at the PVB and check the at the water meter or anywhere else there might be a shut off valve.

Are you getting your water from a well or is it city?

Is there a filter on the mainline that might need cleaning?

Is there a pressure regulator on the mainline leading to the sprinkler system?

Maybe install a new poppit. They aren't expensive and it's a simple job. Watch a Youtube video and you'll see.

rlagm3

Friday, March 17th 2017, 6:49am

i had a shut off for the irrigation system that i changed last month because i noticed it was leaking outside and not holding water.. the ball valves at the pvb were paralell with the pipe so they were open but it appears to be an older pvb so maybe i should change it..

im on city water, no filters on line or pressure regulators
I'd check to see if all the shut off valves are open all the way. Possibly one's only open part way cutting down on the flow. Check the ball valves at the PVB and check the at the water meter or anywhere else there might be a shut off valve.

Are you getting your water from a well or is it city?

Is there a filter on the mainline that might need cleaning?

Is there a pressure regulator on the mainline leading to the sprinkler system?

Maybe install a new poppit. They aren't expensive and it's a simple job. Watch a Youtube video and you'll see.

mrfixit

Saturday, March 18th 2017, 3:24am

Do you have a master valve? Supposing the master valve was slow to open. The zone valve would open and the main would lose all pressure. Then the slow master opens causing the problem.

Maybe you can post a pic of the PVB. Go to www.tinypic.com. Upload pic there then cut n paste the forum code here.

If you do happen to take the PVB out, inspect the ball valves visually if you can on the inside. On a rare occasion the handle will be parallel but the ball will only be open part way.

SunCoLawns

Advanced Member

Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 10:43am

you might consider adding check valves in your sprinkler heads to keep the line charged at all times

Rate this thread