You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, March 7th 2017, 9:40pm

Help needed with Toro 250-00-04 pin type valve

I have a Toro model 250-00-04 valve being used as a level control for a hot tub. It has a tube connected to the pin control input, and the tube goes to a float setup. I cannot fathom how the tube affects the valve in order to make it operate.
Can anyone please enlighten me?

All help is greatly appreciated! ?(

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, March 8th 2017, 10:22am

a "Pin-Type" valve is basically a standard diaphragm valve that has traded in the solenoid for a tube connection. If the end of the connected tube is closed off, the valve will be closed. If the end of the tube is open, to allow water to escape from the top side of the valve, then the valve will open, just like when a "bleed screw" is opened on a diaphragm valve.

A float valve in good working order, that seals off tight when the float is raised, can do just fine as a control for the pin-type valve.

Friday, March 10th 2017, 8:00pm

THANKS FOR THE REPLY

Thanks for your help. I can usually figure out how mechanical things work, but this one has me stumped.

Rate this thread