You are not logged in.

Thomas D

Starting Member

Sunday, January 1st 2017, 3:01pm

Install line from well water supply

I want to run a pvc line about 200 ft with Jose spigot at end.
The water supply for house is from well and comes out of the well to house in a 1 1/4 inch pvc.
I was going to T off the main line but am unsure if I should run 1 inch or just stay with 1 1/4 inch?
Also, I want to add a shut off valve after I leave the main line. Since it's pvc should I keep the shut off underground?
Lastly, where should I have the backflow preventer? Is having it at the point I hook up a hose to the new line ok or should it by closer to the main line?
Thanks in advance.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, January 18th 2017, 2:01pm

Oops, this seems to have been overlooked.

The answers depend somewhat on the burial depth of the existing line, but some of the details hold true in any scenario.

The added line is going to be potable water, just like what is in the line you will tee off from, so it needs no specific backflow prevention, since the water will be potable up to and through the added hose spigot. It will be at the hose spigot that you apply a hose-bib backflow preventer.

For just hose usage, you get by with one-inch pipe for the new line. The shut-off you want to include is definitely underground, with a valve box and cover to give you access.

Rate this thread