You are not logged in.

Sunday, January 8th 2017, 8:24pm

Constant Back flow out of ASV

Hello and a pre thanks for the help.

I have a champion 3/4" valve with an ASV hooked up to my drip line. It is 10" above the highest drip line, they are watering 4 trees, and has a pressure regulator after the ASV. A standard setup - supply, valve, regulator, drip line.

Water keeps dripping out of the ASV when not in use. If I unscrew the regulator filter, it is filled with water, and then water starts dripping from it instead of the ASV. Clearly because it is lower than the ASV and a quicker exit for the water. If I connect the filter back up, in a few minutes water again starts coming out of the ASV. I have not run my drip line for over a week and water is still dripping out.

The drip lines do not have check valves built into them, could that be the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Supreme Member

Monday, January 9th 2017, 2:14pm

Check your water meter. It should have a low-flow indicator that can show that your suspect valve is failing to completely close.

Tuesday, January 10th 2017, 11:02am

Thanks for the quick response. I think you are correct with the valve being the problem. I am running a test today on the meter to see if I have any water loss during the day. I didn't see a change in the meter when I only gave it a few hours last night but when I turned the water off at the valve the drip did stop at the ASV. When I turned it back on the drip started shortly after.

I was more focused on the on the drip line end because of where the leak was. Thanks for re directing my focus.

Rate this thread