You are not logged in.

PerryNZ

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 10:59pm

Midnight Crossing Times - Watering Days

Quoted

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice.
In practice, there is!
I learnt that from an electronics engineer.

For good reasons, I decided to start all the assorted irrigation zones 1 hour earlier. There was quite a lot involved, from wellhead timer, Irritrol controller, field timer valves and tap timers. Planned it all out, then got started . . .

As a consequence of that 1 hour earlier change, there were several settings which required an 11.30pm (2330) start time, with two start times the next day, for the same zone. That seemed OK until I confronted the watering days setting.

Uh-oh. Sample start times:

2330 Sun (11.30 pm)
0130 Mon (1.30 am)
0900 Mon (9.00 am)

So, for that zone, I have one start time very late one day and two other start times set for the morning, the next day.

As I see the conflict, to make those settings work, having Sun and Mon both as watering days, there's nothing to stop the 2330 Sun (11.30 pm) zone running twice, on Monday, when that start time for that zone is supposed to run three days-a-week, on Sun, Tue & Thu.

Is there a workaround of some sort, or do I need to re-think the start times and juggle the collection of programs I'm working with?

In the example above, it is possible that the wellhead controller will save my bacon, in that when that field controller valve opens for the second time at 2330 Mon (11.30 pm), the [separately programmed] wellhead controller will be off, so no water will flow.

Maybe.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, November 21st 2016, 10:14am

This is why controllers have more than one program. The proposed 11:30 PM watering cycle will be on a separate program with its own calendar of watering days.

Rate this thread