You are not logged in.

thesaint580

Starting Member

Saturday, October 22nd 2016, 8:57am

Hunter SRC controller button not working

I have a Hunter SRC controller that's 11 yr old. It was working fine before the '-' button in the controller stopped working. Nothing happens on the screen when I press this button. I tried to reset, but looks like it's not resetting because the '-' button needs to be also used to reset. I would appreciate if you can let me know the options I have. Thanks in advance.

Ashwin

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 10:09am

That controller is years out of production. There is no fix for a bad button, once you get past "Press real hard." All you can do is power it down and see if you can't program it from scratch, once you reconnect the backup battery and the AC power. The modern Hunter replacement for the SRC is the X-Core series which programs in the same way, and gives you enhanced functionality.

Gizwhammer

Unregistered

Saturday, October 29th 2016, 9:59am

Hunter SCR

I have 4 zones on my Hunter, because my pump cycles every 30 secs or so (yes with a 20 gal tank ) I thought about taking the 4 wires in the control box and combine the four to make 2 zones. That would make the pump run continually while watering. This is providing its 1 hp will still deliver enough water and pressure. Is this possible?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, October 29th 2016, 12:18pm

Probably not that easy. You could try it, but you are better off changing sprinkler nozzles (if you have rotor heads and not spray heads) to make a zone match the pump.

Gizwhammer

Unregistered

Saturday, October 29th 2016, 1:40pm

Hunter SCR

Yeah, probably couldn't be that lucky. My main concern was putting two wires on one zone. I was more concerned with an overload of some sort or basically doing something to the control panel With that being said, your saying I would be better off taking out the rotary heads and using spray nozzles. What's your thinking there?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, October 29th 2016, 2:26pm

Unless the controller is an old version with a glass fuse, you can't overload it without it protecting itself with its internal circuitry. If the zone valves are accessible, you can try opening them manually, and save the effort rewiring things.

gizwhammer

Unregistered

Tuesday, November 1st 2016, 6:13pm

Hunter SCR

Recap, didn't calculate gallons but did balance the system so each has same amount of heads. Now instead of 4 zones I have 2 which water better than before because the 1 hp pump maintains a constant pressure the whole time watering without cycling on and off. This was done be taking number 3 zone and adding it to number 1 and the other two, 2 and 4 for the other zone.

Rate this thread