You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Fishman86

Wednesday, October 12th 2016, 9:06pm

Loosing prime???

Hey everyone.
So I've got a 1.3hp dab irrigation pump with a pressure control switch and a hunter irrigation controller.
The issue is that I can prime the system and run it manually. I can turn the tap off, the system primes up and goes on stand by. I can turn the tap back on and all is fine.
However if I leave the system and come back in half an hour, when I turn the tap on I get about a cup full of primed water then I find out that the system has lost prime and I have to manually prime again. I've replaced the non-return valve with no luck.

Thanks in advance
Simon

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, October 13th 2016, 5:41am

Loss of prime is going to be a suction side issue. What elevation difference is there between the pump and the water?

There is a brand of pumps by the name of Goulds that has an internal diaphragm that will keep the pump primed.

Rate this thread