You are not logged in.

ChrisSA

Saturday, September 17th 2016, 2:48pm

Hunter Accu-Sync pulsing ?

Hi all,

I just installed my first irrigation system using a Hunter PGV valve and an adjustable Accu-Sync.

I have the Accu-Sync set to 40 PSI for the MP Rotators. Things are working however the pressure seems to be pulsing a bit, and the Accu-Sync makes a noise while this happens. If I watch the streams, they kind of lengthen and shorten, they are not constant. Not by much though, you have to really look at it to notice.

Is that just how they work, or is something amiss?

I do know there needs to be a 15 PSI difference between the input pressure and the Accu-Sync. Truth be told I don't know my main line pressure, but I would think it is rather high. Even if I adjust the Accu-Sync right down to 20 PSI, the issue is still present.

Thanks for the help.

Much appreciated.

Chris

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, September 17th 2016, 2:58pm

You shouldn't be guessing at pressures. Money spent on a gauge might have saved you the price of the regulator module. Buy the gauge. Take measurements. Expect you might be using the flow controls on your valves, if you really, really, need any pressure reduction.

ChrisSA

Sunday, September 18th 2016, 2:06am

Thanks, will get hold of gauge to check the pressure.

No flow control as I had read somewhere that the Accu-Sync didn't work on a 1 inch PGV with flow control. I can get a valve with flow control if need be.

So this problem is an indication that there is not enough pressure differential for the Accu-Sync to work?

Thanks
Chris

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, September 18th 2016, 1:25pm

There might be other things going on. These types of valves are susceptible to wavering pressure. It's a sort of oscillation. Some regulating valves try to fight the tendency by employing an extension tube to make one of the water connection points a foot or so downstream of the valve.