You are not logged in.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, September 2nd 2016, 6:05pm

How do you know............
I already described the elevation requirements. There is no amount of remedial plumbing, including installing an RPZ assembly, that comes close to outpricing what a town government can do to a homeowner with faulty sprinkler plumbing. The homeowner has the opportunity now to make sprinkler plumbing right, without paying for the trades doing the work and generating a paper trail. The most extreme covers-everything solution of an RPZ still won't cost much more than $200.00, if that, depending on make and model chosen. Much more in line with the sort of tract housing I see with antisyphon valves, is a simple need for pipe and fittings to give the valves some elevation.

mrfixit

Friday, September 2nd 2016, 10:22pm

I'm not a high pressure salesman as apparently you are. I go to a job. I fix what's broken. I get paid and I leave. Everybody's happy. You apparently like to see how complicated you can make things and see how much money you can get them to spend.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, September 3rd 2016, 8:23am

I'm not a high pressure salesman as apparently you are. I go to a job. I fix what's broken. I get paid and I leave. Everybody's happy. You apparently like to see how complicated you can make things and see how much money you can get them to spend.
....and now you own the (in this case, bad) plumbing you just worked on. Insurance companies have this wired. You take money and you take responsibility, a package deal you can do nothing to get free from.

In the parallel situation of car brakes, I learned from a repair garage operator what goes down when someone limps onto their place in a car with failed brakes, and decides they don't agree with the price quoted for the job. Mister no-brakes is not getting behind the wheel of his car. It gets towed off the property and no arguments. (Okay, the car owner can argue, but his way out is blocked, and all he gets out of it is watching his car get impounded by the police who are called to the scene) There isn't any alternative to this, because the garage owner is lawfully acting to cover himself from insurance liability.

If a municipality wants to open a folder on a homeowner with faulty sprinkler plumbing, they can't be prevented from doing so, and the homeowner might not get out of trouble this side of a thousand dollars. And the municipality gets their way because they can revoke a certificate of occupancy.

The point of being a responsible sprinkler repairman is to take into account the worst that can happen, and to take the steps that forestall the awful consequences. That is, after all, the point of having backflow protection in the first place, and why it is a requirement under law.

2marshall7

Unregistered

Saturday, September 3rd 2016, 12:46pm

I have removed that white o ring on the Selonoid and this didn't have any effect on the sprinklers ability to turn on automatically. I've since ordered that new Diagphram from the link you posted on the first page. after install I'll let you guys know if it helped.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, September 3rd 2016, 1:03pm

It should be just about a slamdunk as a fix. Be very careful to get the diaphragm aligned correctly before replacing the bonnet. {a concern not found on the newer design :)}

mrfixit

Saturday, September 3rd 2016, 4:24pm

It should be just about a slamdunk as a fix. Be very careful to get the diaphragm aligned correctly before replacing the bonnet. {a concern not found on the newer design :)}

I already "described" that.

2marshall6

Unregistered

Saturday, September 10th 2016, 12:58pm

I already "described" that.

thank you, thank you, thank you, the diagphram worked like a charm. we are back in business. much thanks for all your fast responses on here. I hope sprinklerwarehouse pays you well :)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, September 11th 2016, 10:11am

"Hey boss, where's my check?" :thumbsup:

Rate this thread