You are not logged in.

p0wder2

Starting Member

Wednesday, September 7th 2016, 6:19pm

Unable to identify control valves

Hello. Just bought a new place and my irrigation system doesn't work. I would like to troubleshoot it myself and I feel identifying my control valves is the first step. I've looked at tons of parts online and can't find anything that looks like this. I have a Hunter controller and the valves appear similar to some of the Hunter valves, but I haven't seen anything with flow control knobs on the solenoid like this (at least I think that's what it is). I will include a description of my problem below the photos for the curious, but does anybody know what valves these are? Thanks.

=For the curious=
Currently, the only way to control water flow to my drip irrigation system is by opening and closing the shut-off valves at the main pipe. I've yet to actually test voltage from the controller, but it is programmed correctly and does not appear to be malfunctioning. Regardless of whether the controller is running a station or turned off entirely and regardless of whether the flow control knobs are open or closed, water continuously flows to all zones if the shut-off valves at the pipe are open. I'm thinking either faulty solenoid, debris in valve, or maybe I have to rebuild the valves.

Any help anyone can provide is much appreciated, thanks again.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, September 7th 2016, 7:15pm

You have Rainbird DV100 valves. They can manually operate by either the bleed screws or by the levers on the solenoids (marked On-Off)

Rate this thread