You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, August 9th 2016, 6:13pm

3 valves stopped working at the same time

I have 3 valves that stopped working simultaneously. The solenoids are all fine. There is a little bit of water that passes through on each zone but not enough to operate the sprinklers properly. I have taken apart all three valves and they all looked pretty clean. I popped off each of the diaphragms and looked down in the pipe and there doesn't seem to be anything blocking it. The 3 toward the left in the picture are the ones that aren't working. The one on the far right works just fine. The other strange thing that i noticed is one the valve on the top left in the picture, when i took the diaphragm off, even thought the water was shut off, there was lots of water running out of it. I'm not sure if this is just because all of the sprinklers are slightly uphill from the valve and the water in the lines and sprinklers was just running back or what. It did seem strange though because i didn't have that problem when disassembling the other two....

Supreme Member

Wednesday, August 10th 2016, 4:03pm

Did you try operating the valves with the bleed screws?

Advanced Member

Thursday, August 11th 2016, 9:13am

It looks like the common wires are bundled together with a non-waterproof wire nut. I'd start there.

Rate this thread