You are not logged in.

jsbeckton

Friday, October 16th 2015, 11:23am

I am in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. Guess I should go with the PVB even if code allows for the DCV (I had a question about this out to the water department already). That's too bad because I think the DCV is being delivered today.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, October 16th 2015, 12:57pm

You should go PVB. (assuming elevation requirements can be met) Even though Pennsylvania can be like the wild frontier, so far as sprinklers are concerned, they have revised the codes to require toxic rated backflow preventers. Don't blame local purveyors or municipal employees for not getting it right. This is way down the ladder on their list of things to worry about.

{by the way, DCV is kind of a non-existent plumbing term, as it confuses the cheapo Dual Check and the more elaborate Double Check Valve Assembly}

maximus20895

Friday, October 16th 2015, 1:13pm

Why are there so many backflows? Why can't a RPZ be the only one!

Tuesday, July 26th 2016, 12:39pm

might be smart to install a pressure regulator. if you want expert advice my friend does sprinkler system design in bend oregon :thumbsup:

mrfixit

Tuesday, July 26th 2016, 8:06pm

might be smart to install a pressure regulator. if you want expert advice my friend does sprinkler system design in bend oregon :thumbsup:

Hi there, I'm an expert and I already suggested a pressure regulator.
The person asking the question is in Pittsburg. Do you really want him to call your friend in Oregon?
If your friend likes he's welcome to list his buisness under Looking for a sprinkler company in your area?
Thanks!