You are not logged in.

Polaris8030

Starting Member

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 12:06pm

irrigation pressure regulator : can't adjust

I've moved into a house ~20 years old and possibly nothing has changed in the irrigation system since then. None of the sprinkler heads pop up. House has a flat backyard section leading to an upslope and the water pressure is quite weak (there is a faucet hooked into the outdoor line and another faucet on the indoor line.. and the difference between indoor and outdoor pressure is night and day). Troubleshooting this system, I started at the main boxes (round green covers) .. one has the shutoff valve, the other has a pressure regulator.
However I am having trouble loosening the lock net .. I am worried that yanking it too hard is going to cause some permanent damage .. and a much bigger problem in a hurry.
I also notice that the adjustment nut is pretty much screwed in all the way tight. Doesn't this mean that the pressure is already at its max ?

Photos

thanks
-Brian

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 2:05pm

Consider getting a replacement. These things are serviceable more in theory than in practice, especially if you are in a hurry, because parts are unlikely to be available locally.